How to turn off TA

laserbeam

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The TA on my Fiat 500 pop is turned on so when I am playing a CD it keeps getting interrupted by traffic announcements and cannot find a way to stop it.There is nothing in
the manual and as this has only just started I am presuming I pressed a button somewhere by mistake can anyone out there help.The car has a 2012 plate.

Photo of the unit's controls might help.

Quick google so might be same as yours

Under "Settings" - "Radio" - "Traffic Announcements" - "ON" you can enable Traffic-Announcements

I rented a 2017 Ford Mondeo while I was in the UK last month - somehow, the traffic announcements were at maximum volume - very off-putting when you are listening to the Archers Podcast!

Attachments

• DSCN0129.JPG
    DSCN0129.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 366
  • DSCN0128.JPG
    DSCN0128.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 381
Thanks, I think krypton is probably correct that your answer lies under the menu button, although it's hard to see how you could have inadvertently triggered it.

I rented a 2017 Ford Mondeo while I was in the UK last month - somehow, the traffic announcements were at maximum volume - very off-putting when you are listening to the Archers Podcast!

Setting the volume during an announcement should establish a default level for subsequent announcements.

I took the car to my nearest Fiat dealer which is only ten minutes away and he sorted out in about 20 seconds.So problem resolved.

@ponytail Don't keep us in suspense, what was it? :D

You're not really telling us you listen to the Archers in the NSX, are you?;)
No, never.
Only listen to The Archers in the car when we are back in the UK, hence the rented Mondeo, slogging up and down the M6 / M1 visiting the rellies.

It was the big menu button near the radio he pressed that and found Traffic Announcements which was turned on and he turned it off.Not sure how it came to be on as I have never used that menu button I just use the menu option on the stalk but will know if it happens again.There is a picture of the menu button on reply 8.Thanks for all the help and advice.

For future search results and traffic (eh traffic eh) it might be good to edit the original post to include Fiat 500 Pop and turning off traffic announcements ;)

For future search results and traffic (eh traffic eh) it might be good to edit the original post to include Fiat 500 Pop and turning off traffic announcements ;)
I did say it was a Fiat 500 Pop and could not work out how to turn the Traffic Announcements off.Thanks again

I did say it was a Fiat 500 Pop and could not work out how to turn the Traffic Announcements off.Thanks again

Yeah I noticed it got to #5 on google when searching for Fiat 500 pop.

Was thinking of thread title but it's been indexed fine :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom