How to tune 2nd TV to Sky

U

Upo

Hello,

I’ve just replaced my second TV with a new Toshiba 20WL56. It’s connected with a TVlink to the coax via RF2 output and the red light is on. I’ve programmed the Sky remote (code 581) so it can control the TV. Sorry I know this is a very basic question, but how do I now tune the TV to pick up the Sky channels? I used to be able to get Sky channels on my previous TV but I can’t remember how I set it up.

You need to read the instruction manual that came with your new TV - the chapter on tuning may be useful :D Manual if you know the frequency or auto will do the job too.

Cheers, Franc

Page 11 of your user manual for the 20WLT56 (you left out the "T") shows how to tune an analogue channel...pick manual tuning and you should find the Sky digibox signal at it's default CH68 (Unless it's been altered)...just make sure the Sky box is switched on displaying maybe the prog guide channel or similar and that the TV is on Analogue prog 6 before you begin.
If you don't have the TV user manual to hand you can download it from http://tesc.toshiba.co.uk/Web/Website.nsf/ContentFrameSet?OpenFrameset

Many thanks Jaycee. The Sky channel (68) had been stored as Program 17. However the Sky remote doesn't seem to be able to change the Sky channel or view TVguide, Box office etc although the mute and volume buttons work. Do you think I need to try other Sky remote codes?

By the way the model is 20WL56. The WLT is with integrated Freeview

If the TV-link's red light is on then just strip all the coax ends and re-thread the connections, that usually does the trick.

Cheers, Franc

However the Sky remote doesn't seem to be able to change the Sky channel or view TVguide, Box office etc although the mute and volume buttons work. Do you think I need to try other Sky remote codes?
Programming the Sky remote to operate the basic functions of a TV has no effect on its Sky functionality.

All the Sky buttons should work on any ordinary Sky STB.

Thanks everyone for your advice. The TV Link red light was no longer on although it had been a few days again (see original post). There was a faulty connection on the coax. Rethreaded coax end, red light on and remote changes Sky channels. Many thanks for taking the time to help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom