1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to transfer tunes from minidisc to iPod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Stephen_B, Aug 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Stephen_B

Stephen_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

I'm desperatelty trying to transfer tunes from my Sony Minidisc in ATRAC format to my new iPod 20GB. I'd be over the moon if someone knew any way at all of doing this. Is this possible or am I wasting my time??

I've tried using Switch software downloaded from http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html?ref=google&ref2=c24mp3search
    and messed about with Sonicstage a bit but I think the main problem is I can't seem to transfer tracks from minidisc on to my computer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I presume this is a pre-HiMD Minidisc you're dealing with.

The short answer in that case is no, it's not possible. Net MD's weren't able to transfer tunes back to the computer due to a hardware limitation, despite any illusions that Sonicstage may have lead people to believe (when it was 'transferring back to the library', all it was doing was to delete the music off the MD).

The only option to do it in a fairly loss-less manner is to buy a MD deck with digital out, and copy to a PC in realtime. Else, it's time to jack the headphone plug of the MD into the PC's Line In port, fiddle with volumes and start transferring.

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a cruel deceit, no? :(