How to transfer my MS Office 2013 to my new Laptop

MahaRaja

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Replacing my 6 year old Tosh laptop which has given up it's battery and now bought a HP Pavilion 15, now how do I transfer my current MS 2013 to my new laptop. also my current data and photos, please.

Just reinstall it, the copy protection should sort itself out or prompt you what you need to do.

Files such as documents and photos can be copied over.

Which Office 2013 license do you have? Do you have a little card with a code on, or an email with a code or link? Should be linked to a Microsoft account, unless it's OEM, in which case it can't be transferred.

ok will give it go. The new HP laptop which I'm typing now, is incredibly fast to wake up with SSD, how the tech has moved on and it was a pain on my Tosh as took few seconds to wake up.

In the past I've used Magic Jelly Bean to extract product/license keys from my old machine. Then use these keys to reinstall. Not had an issue.

I don't know if MS have got more sophisticated now and all you need to do is link your Microsoft account (email) to the new installation for it to recognise you?

Just reinstall it, the copy protection should sort itself out or prompt you what you need to do.

Files such as documents and photos can be copied over.
This is also what i want to know,in my opinion,reinstalling it will be easier than transferring it.

Sending my 15” HP laptop back to JL; too noisy.

The intermittent fan noise is disconcerting and one occasion, so loud that I decided I’m not keeping it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom