Question how to transfer files from Laptop to USB drive connected to LG OLED TV?

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by batemanj, Jul 29, 2018.

1. batemanj

batemanj
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I have LG OLED 55" B7 TV and able to watch movies from USB drive connected to it.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10) to the USB drive connected to TV (while its connected) as both laptop and TV are on same network? Ofcourse, I can disconnect USB from TV and then connect to laptop, transfer files but I just don't want to disconnect it instead woudl prefer to transfer files from Laptop to USB while its connect to TV. Is that possible, if yes, please advise on how to do that.

On another note, I'm able to connect to TV from Laptop as wireless display and able to mirror laptop's display and also via LG smart share without any problems.

Many thanks!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    No you cant transfer files to a USB storage device plugged into the TV.

What you do is stream the files from the PC to the TV, get Plex or Emby media server then install that on your PC. Once thats finished install their app available on the WebOS app portal and that will take care of everything.

If you don't care about fancy GUI's and just want to use the same basic UI as the USB media player Serviio will do the job as a DLNA media server.