How to test for ghosting and other stuff you dont want

SLIM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
OK guy's so i should be getting my new HD LCD tv on FRIDAY 11/11/05
Whats the best way to test for GHOSTING and all the other NASTY stuff you dont wont from a lcd ?.

I only have a PC so can not test with a GAME CONSOL so will a pc do ?.

ANY help thanks alot :smashin:

OK let me put it a different way what should i look out for then as i dont wont to wast £££ on a set that's going to ghost are **** up a lot. I would prefer to try to find out befor 16 days if the set has ghosting and stuff. AS under 16 day's i can get my £££ back

MDX said:
Why look for it ?, if it looks good don't go looking for faults :|

Same reason people look for flies or hair in their soup :rotfl:

I'd rather find the faults before I put the money down! :D

Maybe if we all post in this thread, and mention things that our LCDs have a lot of trouble in displaying, I could put together an LCD Stress Test DVD and let people download it, burn it to a disc and take it to the store?

Lyris said:
I'd rather find the faults before I put the money down! :D

Maybe if we all post in this thread, and mention things that our LCDs have a lot of trouble in displaying, I could put together an LCD Stress Test DVD and let people download it, burn it to a disc and take it to the store?

ME to m8 but i not sean the set in any shop so i cant do that. But doing a test dvd sounds like a good way to go

I've found football matches show up ghosting a fair bit - england match on sat BBC1 would be a good place to start.

nice 1 m8 i will check it out.

what could i use on the pc to test the screen out ?.

My pc spec is P4 3.2 with HT 1gigram and a GF 6800LE WIN XP

perhaps the old school screensaver, you know the one with the coloured lines fizzing about the screen. Set it to the fastest setting and then see if you notice any ghosting. Just an idea, im not saying thats a true test of how it'll work withother stuff.

Slim, download quicktime and then download a HD trailer, that would give the best results. Or just play a DVD with alot of action and quick changing scenes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom