How to tell orion TV134R scart is RGB?

mark25810

Novice Member
Hi there i hope someone can help me, i have ordered a mega drive from ebay and need one of those rgb scart leads for it, i have a samsung syncmaster 510mp which has rgb scart but i also wanted to use my CRT its a orion tv134r.

I can not tell if the scart is RGB the box states just EURO scart and the manual just says select the AV channel when using scart and press 0/AV button

That is all it says. i do not have any scarts or RGB devices to test it but if i order one of these cables i may not be able to return it if its my tv that is the issue.

Also if i did buy one and my tv scart is not RGB will it still work or will it show the picture in black and white, i am a total noob with some things like this.

I am aware you can get the AV scart wires for the mega drive but i wanted one of the RGB ones for best picture and stereo sound

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi there i hope someone can help me, i have ordered a mega drive from ebay and need one of those rgb scart leads for it, i have a samsung syncmaster 510mp which has rgb scart but i also wanted to use my CRT its a orion tv134r.

I can not tell if the scart is RGB the box states just EURO scart and the manual just says select the AV channel when using scart and press 0/AV button

That is all it says. i do not have any scarts or RGB devices to test it but if i order one of these cables i may not be able to return it if its my tv that is the issue.

Also if i did buy one and my tv scart is not RGB will it still work or will it show the picture in black and white, i am a total noob with some things like this.

I am aware you can get the AV scart wires for the mega drive but i wanted one of the RGB ones for best picture and stereo sound

Scart carries both composite and RGB video, if TV does not support RGB then it may use composite.

I've no idea about the model you own, internet doesn't say much either and if you have the manual and it says nothing then comparing it against the samsung is probably the only way to tell.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom