1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stream (without recording) to a JVC 30k?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nurfen, May 17, 2004.

1. nurfen

nurfen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a JVC 30k DVHS recorder, and I'm wondering how to do when I want to send a stream (.ts?) via firewire, without recording anything on the JVC. I just want it to send the (decoded?) signal to the projector via component.

I've got DVHS Tool, is it possible with this program?

/Fredrik

2. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it's quite possible. Just set the VCR to the correct I-link (Firewire) channel, start the stream and don't hit record.

You need to ensure that "Control Tape Transport" is not selected in DVHStool.

3. nurfen

nurfen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answer.

What's the firewire channel?

4. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once it's connected up, press the down channel until it says "I-" in the channel display. Once synced up the JVC will automatically be assigned a number on the Firewire bus so it will say "I-1, I-2, I-3 etc." or whatever it has assigned.

I've had mixed results with DVHStool and combinations of 30k/40k. On some streams it works fine but with others the stream shows errors. There are also various versions of DVHStool and you might want to try a few to see which gives your particual combination the best results.

5. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing: You can usually tell it's set correctly to the firewire input as it will display "Auto" in the tape speed icon on the front display of the unit.

6. nurfen

nurfen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thank you. I'll it out.