• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to stop sony nw-hd3 from charging when connected to a pc?

asphyxiating

Standard Member
hey guys..
just wondering if there is a way to stop my sony nw-hd3 from automatically charging when i connect it to my pc? .. so i can play music on it pc without shortening the battery life of the player.. thanks!:thumbsup:

K

KJ_Palmer

I don't think you need to worry - Li-ion batteries can be 'topped up' constantly, in fact they like it that way. So (I believe) you can leave it on USB without being concerned about overcharging etc.

Of course some one's going to come along now and tell me I'm wrong...

S

stuge

As Said by KJ no need to worry about over charging ..Li-ion battery does not show memory effect ...

Aslo there is no option to stop hd3 from charging when connected to pc .

asphyxiating

Standard Member
Ok thanks for the reassurance :) Will it make any difference though if I'm swapping in between as I use it as a player for a while then connect it to my computer for a while? This way it is still topping up isn't it if I haven't been playing it for long? Thanks ;p xxx

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom