Question How to stop bass vibration

tim1982

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I'm finding that my subwoofer (svs pb1000 with isolation feet) is causing the back of a cabinet to vibrate like crazy and it's really distracting.

I've tried a sub crawl and where I have the sub is my optimal position and I can't move the cabinet due to size etc.

The back of the cabinet is just a thin layer of mdf that slots into the back of the cabinet (Ikea bought) hence the rattling of the piece when bass hits it.

Any ideas how I can go about making the back either more sturdy or can I cover it in something like foam etc to prevent this?

Please help!! It's annoying the crap out of me now

citywalker

Use some construction silicone to glue it. Cheap and easy to install and remove if needed, also easy apply more, if needed .

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Have a look at the mastic panels they sell to deaden car door panels. This will add the required mass to prevent the vibration. A piece of closed cell foam will also work and you can buy this with a self adhesive backing.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom