Answered How to still control two Satellite boxed hidden behind the tv?

mistikempire

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I would like to ask, i am planning on placing two satalite boxes, behind my OLED tv.
I have been informed that to still be able to use my remote, when the boxes are hidden i would need to purchase an IR Extender.

Would i need to purchase an IR Extender for both sat boxed individually? or is their an IR Extender box type thing which can do both?

Kind regards
M

You should have asked this in our Satellite Tv sub-forum along with the brand & model nos of your Satellite boxes. This forum is for general TV queries.
Ask a mod to move your post.

An extender needn't cost more than a fiver and will cover both machines.

Some Technomate satellite boxes (eg TM5402 M3) include a remote eye for that very reason (very handy in studios when you have a bank of them)

Don't know how many other models its on but I'd have thought you see the feature on others

An extender needn't cost more than a fiver and will cover both machines.

Hi mate
This is what i have purchased, like you said its only a fiver

They did also have this for sale, but not sure if i needed this much for just two boxes

Some Technomate satellite boxes (eg TM5402 M3) include a remote eye for that very reason (very handy in studios when you have a bank of them)

Hi mate,
I dont think either of mine have that,
With the IR receiver, do i have to plug anything into the satellite boxes? Or does it just stick on top of it?

Attachments

• AE041343-956C-4BB8-966F-AF5CA66B440E.jpeg
    AE041343-956C-4BB8-966F-AF5CA66B440E.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 1FA73CE2-8991-4A4A-ADF7-00BD3CDD315D.jpeg
    1FA73CE2-8991-4A4A-ADF7-00BD3CDD315D.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. You should be fine with that!

Hi mate
This is what i have purchased, like you said its only a fiver

They did also have this for sale, but not sure if i needed this much for just two boxes

Hi mate,
I dont think either of mine have that,
With the IR receiver, do i have to plug anything into the satellite boxes? Or does it just stick on top of it?

The infrared receiver 'eye' you can stick anywhere, so long as your remote/s can see it's infrared beam.

The sender eyes/emitters look as though they stick over or near the box's infrared eye .. you have to look where that is and experiment where you can put them and it still all works

Tip.. infrared will usually bounce off a shiny surface so that can help positioning them

Cheers for that mate i will await for it to arrive and keep you all updated on how it went!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom