How to solve Samsung 1080p7 settings problem

C

craigie

Hi

I have read a few posts saying that when you change any Audio or Display settings with the Samsung 1080p7, the settings reset once the disc is changed or the player is switched off.
I had this issue which was annoying as I had to press "HDMI sel" on the remote control to toggle the resolution up to 1080p.
I think I have now resolved this issue by doing the following.
(It actually mentions this issue at the very start of the manual)
It basically says that you MUST select the menu language when you switch the unit on for the very first time otherwise settings may reset when the unit is switched off.
To do this:
1. With the unit on and no disc in, hold down the "forward Skip" button on the front of the player for 5 seconds. The player will factory reset.
2. Switch the unit off then switch the unit back on
3. You should now be presented with a list of selections for menu language - I pressed "1" on the remote for English.
4. All my settings now remain whenever the unit is switched off
I have the HDMI setting to manual and 1080p, so now when I insert a disc it automatically stays at this resolution.

There is (of course) a slight caveat to this.
I have the player set to multi region. When you insert a region 1 disk into the player, the resolution changes back down to 480p and once again I have to manually change this on the remote. I think the reason for this is that R1 disks are NTSC running at 60HZ on my TV and R2 disks are PAL 50HZ.
I think it somehow drops the HDMI resolution when it changes from PAL to NTSC.
In summary the above solution will work if you are playing DVDs from only one region. If you are playing disks from multiple regions, you will have to manually set the HDMI 1080p resolution with the remote whenever you swap between regions.
I don't suppose anyone has a workaround for this?
Cheers

Craig

Peopleselbowpad

I think the Firmware update solved some problems with memory retention but it from what I read may mess up the Multi-Region Hack.

Somebody feel free to jump in.

C

craigie

I think the Firmware update solved some problems with memory retention but it from what I read may mess up the Multi-Region Hack.

Somebody feel free to jump in.

where did you read about the firmware messing up the multi region hack?
Does your player change HDMI resolution when you swap between a R1 to a R2 disk or vice-a-versa?

C

Peopleselbowpad

I read it on here about people where unsure if the Hack worked after the firmware update. Had a quick look but cant find it now because poeple keep starting multiple threads instead of posting in the dedicated thread on this player:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506883

You might find your answer in there.

P.s I dont own this player, sounds like too many bugs.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom