1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to sit my centre on the TV?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JIT, Aug 22, 2002.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have a Toshiba 42" RPTV and would like to place my centre on top but the top is only about 10cm deep. Is there a speaker stand available for this purpose?
    Any ideas anyone?

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    use blobs of blu-tak spaced as far as you can-the weight is at the front of the speaker so don't worry about overhang at the back.

3. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be trying to solve this next week! My main two ideas are placing the speaker on a shelf on the wall behind the TV, or on speaker stands in front of the TV.

4. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I remember a while ago someone suggesting one of these as a solution but I never could find out anyone who'd used one to see if it was any good.

Cheers, Paul

5. squarris

squarris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got exactly the same problem. Do I put it in front, underneath (would lift the tv up - don't want to do that), on top - not very deep, or on the celing pointing towards the listner?

What did you lot do in the end? Any good results?

6. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Mission 77C1 sits on top of the TV and it's perfectly stable, there's not much depth for it to sit on, but as the speaker is heavy it's fine.

I think I may mount it on the wall behind the TV at the same height on some speaker brackets. It should be pretty easy to modify some normal brackets.

I wouldn't mount it from the ceiling, you want the speaker as near to the TV as possible.

7. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I agree with stranger blue tack is great at isolating speakers my mission m7c2 sits on top of my panasonic tele and you could throw coconuts at it and it wouldent fall off .I also have my mission m71is blue tacked to the stands which are filled with sand
    and you can pick the speaker up with the stand still stuck to it .
    gonzo:D

8. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm currently using one of those Rega Senta stands on top of my Philips 28" TV to support my centre speaker. I've used it with a borrowed Linn AV5120 centre which is pretty large and heavy, and had no problems. The stand is sturdy, basically two bits of steel welded together, and the rear foot can extend to 6 inches so should fit most TVs. I've borrowed the stand so don't know how much it costs, £30 rings a bell though.