1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ship a cd player?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by GRO47, Jul 10, 2005.

1. GRO47

GRO47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Forgive me if this a simplistic question but I've only just started buying hifi separates and recent experinece of the postal system has left me very sceptical (DHL trashed a pair of speakers for me). I've just bought a £500 cd player on ebay and really can't face a 500 mile journey to pick it up which leaves me at the mercy of Parcel Force and the like. The original box and packing are available but is that sufficient? Can anyone suggest a better packing method and/or courier for such a task?

Many thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    courier choice is hard............ but ask the seller to insert the transit screws to stop it getting jiggled about...........

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    As HDragon suggests and ensure it is insured for the full retail value if possible.

4. GRO47

GRO47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your advice - 2 very important points and I certainly hadn't thought of the transit screws. Glenn.