1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to setup test tones for centre rear speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by majortrip, Dec 26, 2002.

1. majortrip

majortrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI All merry xmas ...I just got me self a sony 1080 amp with missions speaker 77 series with 2 pairs of 77ds (only using 3 coz amp only has 6.1) any way my problem is when setup speaker levels using vid essentials at it's ref levels i can not set centre back speaker right when i do it from amp test tones its to quiet .I have done a search for a disc that has a test tone for the centre back speaker but not found any can someone help to set this channel up right please

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just use on of the surround outs for the surround-center to set it up. Then when you have messured it, connect it back to surround-center out again.
    There is no setup disk with this possibility as i know of, but there are several in the making.

3. majortrip

majortrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    magking do you mean plug a phono lead from the surround left or right output to the surround-centre input....If this is the way you mean I tried it but i got no sound at all ,to use the surround centre input i have to select multi channel in on the amp.....sorry for being thick but if you mean a different way can you tell me more indepth please thanks

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

I assume what magking means, is to disconnect one of the left or right surround speaker cables from its speakers and then connect it to the rear centre speaker (asssuming the cable reaches!). Then use the test tones on the disc and the tone for whichever surround channel you have connected will come out of the rear centre.

Hope this helps.:)

5. majortrip

majortrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS TO BOTH Sorry for being thick hope use have a good new year

6. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned: