1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to setup freeview on tv and video

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Skeeter, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have one LG 28inch ws tv with 1 rgb at back and one normal scart. The video is a old matsui model with one scart socket and basic connections one for ariel and one for linking to tv. One STRONG DTT adaptor with one scart and i think rm loop through stuff but is basic really.

Currently i have it as this.

DTT scart - tv rgb scart (do i need a RGB scart type lead or are all scart leads RGB?) and i have my video connected with a normal cable from some output thing on it to the back of tv where ariel lead goes in.

Now its *sorta* all connected but when i tape my fav shows the signal is degraded (which on my tv i switch to video side *6* and picture isnt like digital quality although its probably cos of no scart to the video which i wish help on) and i can only watch tv from the DTT box so i have to watch what i am taping which is a real dowener.

Any help on how to hook up the dtt box properly to a video and tv so they both get the digital signal quality?

cheers in advance...

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    If you use fully wired (also called all pins connected ) scart cable you will have rgb. To get round the lack of scarts you can get a switchable scart splitter box argos do one for about a tenner. Then run one scart from the dtt to the splitter then from the splitter you run two scarts one to the tv and then one to the vcr. You can then get digital to either tv or vcr. This box has 3 inputs so you can have your dtt vcr and a dvd connected. they will all play back through the one scart going to the tv . There is lsophono outputs shoud you wish to pump out to an amp. Hope this has been of some help

3. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, i will also be getting a home cinema All in One system so i might need a 4 way splitter, although not sure. Would I?

So a spliter can split the dtt from the dtt signal to the tv and video at the same time? Mint if it does :)

So a scart (where to buy and how to tell a RGB scart lead) From freeview box to the splitter and then a scart from spliter to tv and a scart from splitter to video player.

And will the signal get degraded on a splitter at all? i.e not digital looking if i tape off the freview channels?

Cheers for reply btw. And look forward to another. :)

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I'll try and clarify some more.On these boxes you can connect 3 inputs, you then select by switch which input you want to send to the tv. Drawback is only one input is rgb.I didn't see any degrade when recording digital .If you had a dvd hooked up you could record Freeview while watching dvd or vice versa. I dont know of a 4-way but I'm sure maplin might do one. Don't forget with this set up you still have a spare scart (not rgb) on your tv.As for an all in one that might depend on which one etc. . I'd be inclined to get your existing gear set up and working. Just checked the box at argos is£9 :75
    your welcome