How to setup a home cinema system - projector, speakers etc.

mcquade15

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a home cinema system for my room for ages and finally took the plunge after reading about the optoma hd65 on this site. I plan to connect the hd65 to my ps3 with play tv. This takes care of gaming, tv, dvd and blu-ray. I'll be using a hdmi cable for this. I'm new to this world and have no idea how to connect speakers. Will I be able to connect a basic set of speakers to the projector? Or do i need to buy expensive kit with special cables? Any advice would be great, thanks:thumbsup:

hi
you will need to sort and amp and speakers to get sound projectors dont do sound, any system you can connect the PS3 to will work but its worth having a look at a system which will accept LCPM over HDMI (check my sig) for true hd sound etc if your going to the trouble of a projector
hope thiks help
ben

something like that would be way too expensive. wud it be possible to do it for under 100? or would i have to go 2.1?

Hi welcome to the forums, this thread is not DIY related so i have moved it to the correct section for you :)

something like that would be way too expensive. wud it be possible to do it for under 100? or would i have to go 2.1?

If you're investing in a projector, I would hold of until you can do the audio side justice. You might be able to get some 2nd hand bookshelf speakers and an AV receiver second hand but probably not for anywhere near £100. Even an all-in-one system would cost more than £100 and the quality wouldn't be up to much.

Firstly, apologies for posting in the wrong section. I thought i had done it properly bt this was my first post.

thanks for the advice guys. I'll just use the basic 2.1 set i already have until i can afford a system worth having :thumbsup:

Firstly, apologies for posting in the wrong section. I thought i had done it properly bt this was my first post.

thanks for the advice guys. I'll just use the basic 2.1 set i already have until i can afford a system worth having :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard. Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum; folks will move it to the right one pretty quickly for you.

Don't hesitate to raise any further questions and we'll see what we can do to confuse you :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom