How to setup a home cinema in my sitting room

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by podgehb, Nov 29, 2010.

1. podgehb

podgehb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning to setup a home cinema system in the sitting room of my small (slightly skew) Victorian terraced house.

Here’s a plan of the room which I have added in the home cinema pieces: http://i.imgur.com/A0tSj.jpg. The TV is top left on brackets. Sofa is the big rectangle on the right. Crosses are the speakers. I haven’t put the sub woofer in the drawing.

I’m going to put the 32’’ TV on a bracket against the wall between the chimney (that we’re going to use as a chimney) and the windows. When we want to watch something, I plan to pull it out and angle it towards the sofa.
    The rear speakers are going to be on the side walls point top the sofa – somewhere between head height and the ceiling.

The centre speaker is going to be on the wall below the TV. Is that ok – having there, because when the TV is pulled out, it will be about 1 metre behind the TV?

The front speakers are going to be in the corners of the room, facing the sofa. Will the AV Receiver be able to calibrate those even though they are different distances away from me?

I’m not sure where to put the sub woofer. The most convenient place would be in the cabinet below the TV with the components.

I already have the TV (LG 32LH4010 32" LCD TV 1080p), which I bought a while ago and am planning on buying:
    Cambridge Audio Minx S215 (5.1)
    Yamaha RX-V667
    Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray disc player
    Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+

Please let me know what you think and if you have any advice. The only thing I have at the moment is the TV and the house – the rest can all be changed!