How to set up Professional 1 & 2 Picture Settings for Panasonic TX-75HX940B?

HughAR

Novice Member
I recently upgraded my five year old 65" Panasonic TX-65DX902B with the 2020 TX-75HX940B. I have the TV successfully set up and working fine with Prime, Netflix and different devices (Apple TV, Freesat Box, Blu Ray, etc.) BUT I have been unable to activate the Professional 1 & 2 Picture Settings feature I had on my 65" TV (see screenshot of the TX-65DX902B). Using these you can add your own calibrated values for picture settings without changing the preset ones which was very useful.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 13.58.52.png

At the moment they are missing from the onscreen menu with just Dynamic, Normal, Cinema, True Cinema and Custom, Sport and Game visible onscreen, plus Dolby Vision when using an Apple TV. According to P74 of the TX-75HX940B User Manual they are supposed to be there:

Professional1 / 2:

Allows you to set and lock the professional picture settings.

Watching > For best picture > Advanced Settings

● If a certified professional dealer sets these modes, Professional1 and Professional2 may be displayed as isf Day and isf Night.

I called Panasonic Customer Services but they were unable to help me activate this feature on the TX-75HX940B. Is there an experienced member who knows about Panasonic TV calibration and this feature who can advise me on how to get Professional 1 & 2 to display, perhaps by using the Service Menu? The TV has its software up to date.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Seems a bit odd as you shouldn't need to activate them, they should just be there like your previous TV. Are they definitely missing for all your sources?

HughAR

Novice Member
Yes, missing on all sources/inputs and TV apps. The only picture settings visible are those I listed in my post, plus the 3 Dolby Vision options when using an Apple TV. Panasonic Customer Services couldn't give me an explanation and referred it on to technical services but I have a feeling someone here might know the answer.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Yes, missing on all sources/inputs and TV apps. The only picture settings visible are those I listed in my post, plus the 3 Dolby Vision options when using an Apple TV.

Is rather strange. There is the Picture Button setting where you can select/deselect the modes that are available when you press the Picture Mode button. Might be worth checking that just in case they've been set to be skipped.

If that's all ok I'd be tempted to do a factory reset and see if that cures it.

HughAR

Novice Member
All boxes are ticked for available Picture Modes to be visible, i.e. none skipped. Professional 1 and 2 nowhere to be seen. Perhaps there is an option to add them from the Service Menu as the Manual does say:

● If a certified professional dealer sets these modes, Professional1 and Professional2 may be displayed as isf Day and isf Night.

Before doing factory reset, having only just installed the new TV, if none here can help, I will wait and see if Panasonic come up with an explanation over the next week.

Jase

Distinguished Member
All boxes are ticked for available Picture Modes to be visible, i.e. none skipped. Professional 1 and 2 nowhere to be seen!

Bizarre. I'd do a reset and see if they all re-appear.

RichWalk

Had a quick look on the panny site, Pro1/2 arent listed against the specs on your set?
Picture ModeDynamic/Normal/Cinema/True Cinema/Custom/Sport/Game/DolbyVision (Vivid/Bright/Dark)

Jase

Distinguished Member
All boxes are ticked for available Picture Modes to be visible, i.e. none skipped. Professional 1 and 2 nowhere to be seen. Perhaps there is an option to add them from the Service Menu as the Manual does say:

Before doing factory reset, having only just installed the new TV, if none here can help, I will wait and see if Panasonic come up with an explanation over the next week.

You can change the Pro 1 and Pro 2 modes to Isf Day and Night with the remote by inputting a code. The Pro modes need to be there for you to do that though.

Is Film Maker mode also missing?

Jase

Distinguished Member
Had a quick look on the panny site, Pro1/2 arent listed against the specs on your set?
Picture ModeDynamic/Normal/Cinema/True Cinema/Custom/Sport/Game/DolbyVision (Vivid/Bright/Dark)

Good spot. That's a bit naughty as the modes are still listed in the manual for it.

HughAR

Novice Member
Only the Modes I listed in my original post are available. There is No Pro 1 and 2 or Film Maker mode which I think is just on their OLED TVs. Professional 1 and 2 are listed in the Manual for the TX-75HX940B and it would a bit odd for Panasonic to remove them from their highest spec LED TV when it was a feature available 5 years ago.

The specs listed on the Panny site are incomplete. Richer Sounds couldn't confirm to me it had a twin sat tuner for instance as they couldn't find it on the specs. It does by btw.

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Only the Modes I listed in my original post are available. There is No Pro 1 and 2 or Film Maker mode which I think is just on their OLED TVs. Pro 1 and 2 ARE listed in the Manual for the TX-75HX940B and it would a bit odd for Panasonic to remove them from their highest spec LED TV when it was available 5 years ago.

The specs listed on the Panny site are not complete.

I'd be back onto Panasonic to confirm which modes it should have as the manual says one thing and the specs say another.

RichWalk

Unless there is an app like Sony use to activate them, and assuming using something like a Sky feed then hitting the picture modes button, you don't see them, they arent on the set.

HughAR

Novice Member
Here is the reply I received from Panasonic about the fact that Professional 1 & 2 Picture Modes are not available on the TX-75HX940B. As that means the addition of one's own calibrated settings will have to use Custom and another mode if you need more than one (such as Game which I would not use) it would be very useful to be able to rename the picture modes.

Anyone with a hotline to Panasonic who can put a request to be able to change such headings, as my request to add Professional 1 & 2 to a futurer software update has been dismissed?

Thank you for your reply.

As agreed in our phone conversation, I have sent your case and requests forward and submitted them for an investigation to our technical team.

Having the fact that the TX-75HX940 has a different software than the TX-65DX902, the picture modes will be different as well.

We would suggest using the Custom mode as an alternative for the Professional picture modes.

Considering this replacement, the Professional modes will not be added in a future software update.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you, however, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Arthur

Panasonic Customer Care Team

RichWalk

select the mode that has the least (preferrably no) additional features switched on by default and greyed out, I would guess custom or one of the cinema modes, these in theory should be the most accurate (have a look for a good review such as Flatpanels etc see what they suggest) and go from there, use AV slides or a good set of test patterns and see if by small tweaks you can make white whiter and your black level correct, set your sharpness and whichever colour temp (warm 2 normally on a Panny) then alter the luminance levels to suit your room (you will need to have two settings one daytinme one for night). Modern sets are better out of the box than they used to be so start with the defaults and make small changes until your happy - you may have a 'copy to all inputs' function in the picture mode, if so use that so it applies to each format you watch (Sky/Netflix etc)

HughAR

Novice Member
Thanks for your suggestions Rich. Yes, there is a 'copy to all inputs' function and I have some calibrated settings I used on the 65" TV which work well in the room on the 75" TV, only needing to increase the backlight setting a little. The new LED panel in the 75HX940B does seem noticeably better to me than that used in the 5 year old 65DX902B. If anyone has their own suggestions for good picture settings for the 75HX940B, please let me know.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom