How to set up my Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 v2's to my xbox?

jaboyle

Standard Member
Ok, thinking of buying these headphones,

Scan Computers UK: Sharkoon X-TATIC 5.1 v2 Dolby® Headphones & detachable microphone, XBOX Live Compat. (toslink input)

could someone explain to me if they will work with my current xbox.

Ok so I bought my xbox 360 premium on release date when ever it was, .... still no ring of death !! and basically it comes with the power cord and the other cable cored with a digital output insert on the same cord as the one that runs all the (yellow,red,white) and hd cable (blue,green,red) into the back of my tele,

basically will these headphones work on my current tv and xbox setup??

many kind regards, :smashin:

JonnyConcrete

Novice Member
You need to use an optical cable to get 5.1

The optical will plug into the digital output insert on your TV lead and then into a contol box on the headphones.

S

Simon Coates

I got a couuple of these headphones last year. Don't use them much at all. Sound quality is good, but one problem is that you can't realy have a conversation on Live when playing a game. Normally you would have the game sound coming from your speakers and Live channels on your headset (or both headset and speakers) The problem with the Sharkoons is that there isn't a separate adjustable output for Live chat. You have to set your 360 to the Live chat via speakers option - and the in-game sound drowns out chat :mad:

ISTR there are some new wireless Turtle Beach 'phones coming out soon that are better and have sepate chat channel.

Simon

JonnyConcrete

Novice Member
I got a couuple of these headphones last year. Don't use them much at all. Sound quality is good, but one problem is that you can't realy have a conversation on Live when playing a game. Normally you would have the game sound coming from your speakers and Live channels on your headset (or both headset and speakers) The problem with the Sharkoons is that there isn't a separate adjustable output for Live chat. You have to set your 360 to the Live chat via speakers option - and the in-game sound drowns out chat :mad:

ISTR there are some new wireless Turtle Beach 'phones coming out soon that are better and have sepate chat channel.

Simon

I just turn down the ingame sound volumes and I can hear people talking no problem.

Last night was playing R6 Vegas and I could hear everyone even with guns blazing.

Paul.B2

I just turn down the ingame sound volumes and I can hear people talking no problem.

Last night was playing R6 Vegas and I could hear everyone even with guns blazing.
Exactly what i do. No problem with 90% of games. There is the odd one though where you can't suitably adjust the vol.

Mighty Perks

Novice Member
Exactly what i do. No problem with 90% of games. There is the odd one though where you can't suitably adjust the vol.

i found its closer to 90% of games that did have a problem. i sent mine back. total useless for gears and COD4.

i can say this is one of the only products i've owned that i would say to stay well clear of.

I would agree with the comment above. I also sent mine back immediately due to the speech on live being barely audible, and I sounded like an alien (to others).

Not worth the money.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom