how to set up 96/24 on denon a1se (upgraded)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fatrich, Nov 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi
    can any one offer advise please, i have an upgraded a1se and have just bought a high definition cd (queen 96/24 dts).I played this through my pioneer 737 dvd player which is outputting the 96/24 signal but my denon wont automatically pick it up , it will only play PL11, pure direct and dts:neo, i have checked and the denon is in PCM when checking the source.I havent gone in to the on screen menu as yet, is there a setting i have to adjust.
    Or am i doing something wrong.
    thanks

richard

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,301
    Hi

Leave the amp set to AUTO then it should just switch automatically to DTS 96/24. Your dvd player should just be outputting its signal as normal so maybe its confusing the Denon by the fact its receiving a 24bit 96 khz signal directly. DTS 96/24 is sent as a 48khz signal and then reconstructed (for want of a better word!) to 96khz by the decoder.

This dvd works perfectly well on my upgraded A1SE & Toshiba SD900 (which doesn´t pass a 24bit 96khz signal digitally).