how to set the speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cribeiro, Nov 21, 2002.

1. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Hello!

I am about to buy my first av-receiver (as soon as I make the choice between HK and Yamaha, since I have read that HK doesn't have protection against short-circuit in the speakers, I guess I will go for Yammy), and I already bought the rear speakers. My question now is, how should I place and where should they point?
    I MUST listen to the music or movies with my back right against the rear wall, so the rear speakers are on my sides, rather than behind me. Should they simply point forward or with a certain angle, that is, pointing to the center of the room... or to my ears? What about the front ones? In adition, since I have a wardrobe on the right, the right rear speaker is closer, but that I think it is not a problem since you can set a delay, with which the sound would seem to come from the right distance.
    I hope you can help, I posted this also in the AV receivers forum, looks like I did it wrong... Sorry...