1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set the Lens Shift and Keystone to zero

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yankee, Nov 19, 2004.

1. yankee

yankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Z3 and mounted it to the ceiling. I'm wondering how I can set the lens shift (vert. & horiz.) to zero. i.e. no shift at all. Also would like to do the same to the keystone adjustment. I can't seem to find much info on the manual about this. I think the Z3 is pretty much the same as the Z2.

Thanks,

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keystone should be easy enough, just make sure the values in the menu are 0. There's no on-screen method of centreing the shift, easiest way is simply to look at the lens while displaying an image .. NOT LOOKING STRAIGHT ON of course ;), but at an angle so you're not looking directly into it .. and look for when the light is coming from roughly the centre of the lens.

3. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    If you want adjust to zero presumably you are after minimal degredation to your image, so keep adjusting until the image is perfect! If "perfect" falls within a range of values aim roughly for the middle, if you personally can't tell the difference what's it matter if there's still a fraction of keystone at play!!!

Bit against the grain for this forum but there isn't, to my knowledge, any accurate markers to follow to know if the lens shift is in the middle or not.

4. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To set the keystone to zero (as per the manual) it is exactly zero when the two arrows are the same colour (white) when the is any posotive or negative keystone then the arrow changes purple.

To set the lense shift to zero hold a piece of white paper in from while it is running and do a best guess when the image is central to the centre of the lense.

Robert.

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I don't know if there is a sure fire way of setting the lens to the straight ahead position, but to get a good approximation you could replace the "lens protector in transit" appliance that the pj came with out of the box ;)

Mark