• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question How to set the label of a 64GB microsd card using phone

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I upgraded from a 32GB to a 64GB card and need to label the card so I can transfer files from a computer to the phone. It won't do it until I do it.

I managed to do it with my 32GB using my USB card reader but only worked up to 32GB. I bought a new card reader which I was told worked with 64GB but it doesn't so it looks like only up to 32GB too. It reads it the right size but it won't format.

Can I set the label of the card using a Android app?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Can't you put the MicroSD card into your Android phone, connect the phone to your computer with a USB lead and transfer the files?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Can't you put the MicroSD card into your Android phone, connect the phone to your computer with a USB lead and transfer the files?

Yes, but I need to set the volume wiithout using a computer. I get a message on the phone it is a bug with lollipop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom