How to set PS3 to Bitstream

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

Changed my Phat 60gb to a slim 320gb a few days ago. How do I get it to bitstream in games through HDMI? My Denon 1905 AMP still says multichannel.

Looked everywhere and can't see the option to change to bitstream. Do I use the one under the bluray settings even though it is games I am bothered about. I would try it but am at work at the moment.

Ta

Last edited:
Hello

Changed my Phat 60gb to a slim 320gb a few days ago. How do I get it to bitstream in games through HDMI? My Denon 1905 AMP still says multichannel.

Looked everywhere and can't see the option to change to bitstream. Do I use the one under the bluray settings even though it is games I am bothered about. I would try it but am at work at the moment.

Ta

What you need to do is to go to the sound options menu, normally you would choose auto, however this time choose manual and then untick all the multichannel pcm boxes and save. Now as you bitstream the hd audio you can leave it at that and you will still get bitstream hd audio, however if your bluray only has a pcm soundtrack you will need to retick the the pcm sound boxes.

With games however i could hear no difference between the ps3 doing the decoding or the amp so i just leave it as the default.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom