How to set FTP server accessible from another IP/device using FileZilla?

Mazurky

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I want to set up port forwarding on my router so that I can access my USB, which acts as an FTP server, for example from school or a friend's computer using program FileZilla.
In the picture is basically everything explained. Also what I tried (in the middle of the picture).
I know that port 22 that I have set up is for SFTP, but if I set port 21, it would write me " "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server ".
I also tried disabling Firewall on my PC and restart FileZilla.

So the main question is how should i set up port forwarding?

Specs:

PC OS: Windows 10
Provider router: ZTE Speedport Entry 2i
Router where is FTP: ASUS RT-N10U

obrázok.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have this option in my router (image 2) but i don't know what is it doing.

asdasdaqsdasdasdadasdasdasdasdas.png

Which firmware are you running on the ASUS?

Edit: looks like the WRT version.

Last edited:
FTP is unsecure. Use SFTP instead.

If you can you access your SFTP host 192.168.1.5 from your PC 192.168.1.2 then you're half there.

Your WAN IP address is wrong since that is the LAN IP that you have there. it should be your external interface address. If this is automatically assigned I would first try leaving it blank.

However you have not said which IP address you are using to try to connect to your SFTP server. You have blacked out the part with the IP address, is this an external address?

I can access FTP from pc by just typing local ip 192.168.1.5 in browser or filezila.

I will try set external IP in WAN IP part afternoon.

In filezila im using external IP (blacked part)

Thank you for reply.
If you can you access your SFTP host 192.168.1.5 from your PC 192.168.1.2 then you're half there.

Your WAN IP address is wrong since that is the LAN IP that you have there. it should be your external interface address. If this is automatically assigned I would first try leaving it blank.

However you have not said which IP address you are using to try to connect to your SFTP server. You have blacked out the part with the IP address, is this an external address?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom