How to set All Zone Stereo by default on Denon AVR-X2700H

fordhamg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Denon AVR-X2700H with a 7.1 setup. When I turn on the receiver, only the front L and R speakers are on. To get all speakers on, I have to turn on "All Zone Stereo". Is there a way to have this be the default and always have all speakers on? I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't want all speakers on. Every time I turn on the receiver I have to re-set the all zone to hear from all speakers.

thanks

Press and hold the MUSIC modes button. Select the Multichannel Stereo option. This will portray 2 channel stereo sources via all the speakers present in the main room.

I'd be inclined to suggest you not use this mode with non music or film content though and you'd be better catered for by using either Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X upmixing relative to video content. These upmixing modes create pseudo surround from sources that were not originally surround sources or they will create pseudo channels for the speakers present for which there aren't discrete channels present in the source. These modes can be accessed by pressing the MOVIE modes button.

Last edited:
Press and hold the MUSIC modes button. Select the Multichannel Stereo option. This will portray 2 channel stereo sources via all the speakers present in the main room.

I'd be inclined to suggest you not use this mode with non music or film content though and you'd be better catered for by using either Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X upmixing relative to video content. These upmixing modes create pseudo surround from sources that were not originally surround sources or they will create pseudo channels for the speakers present for which there aren't discrete channels present in the source. These modes can be accessed by pressing the MOVIE modes button.
Thanks - this worked

Hey I have the same problem I want all speakers to do the best I have 2 front 2 atmos center 2 surround and sub and all the speakers work and all zone only how I set it up to work on movie and music without every time I turn on the tv I need to press all zone I want to turn on and have all speaker doing the job

Hey I have the same problem I want all speakers to do the best I have 2 front 2 atmos center 2 surround and sub and all the speakers work and all zone only how I set it up to work on movie and music without every time I turn on the tv I need to press all zone I want to turn on and have all speaker doing the job

Why do you want all the speakers to be engaged in the manner you appear to want? This isn't ordinarilly desirable while watching TV and or films. If simply wishing to engage all the speakers in a manner that creates a pseudo Atmos or 3D effect then simply use an upmixing mode such as Dolby Surround or the Neural:X upmixing mode.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about I’m new on this so what is the best setup to get the best sound and how I put it went I turn on the tv to turn on the system in the set up

If wanting to create the effect of surround sound in association with TV and or film content that hasn't actually got a discrete multichannel soundtrack then most people use an upmixing mode such as Dolby Surround or Neural:X. These modes will also engage the Atmos speakers if oresent and try to create pseudo 3D effects if and where applicable. Maybe use the Dolby Surround upmixing option given the fact that Atmos will automatically bypass this if the discrete soundtrack is actually inclusive of Atmos metadata and if you've a speaker setup condusive with the portrayal af Atmos.

I'd personally discourage the use of HDMI CEC (Control) if wanting to syncronise the power status of devices within a setup. It causes more issues than it resolves. A better option would be to use a Logitech Harmony remote to automatie activities. This will allow for far more cpontrol over your setup and devices than ypou'd be able to attain using HDMI CEC.

If wanting to sync the TV's power with that of your AV receiver using CEC then simply ensure that HDMI Control is turned on onboard the AV receiver and that whatever variant of it your TV manufacturer is using is also engaged. TV manufacturers have a bad habit of calling HDMI CEC something other than HDMI Control.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom