How to run my PWD8?

P

peterakastorm

Ok, I've decided to go for the PWD8, do to a very good price I found at a retailer...

So how am I gonna run it for the first 100-200 hours? It's something about taking it out of "Dynamic" and getting everything under 50%? And then what? After that, I get the DVE disc, or what it's called, to get it calibrated?

I know there's probably alot of threads about this topic, but what about adding it to the FAQ then ;)

hi,
i to am considering the pw8,could you tell me how much you got yours for and what deal did you get?
thanks loxster. :)

Peter,

Picture mode to Standard or Cinema, reduce contrast to under 50% and adjust brightness to get the picture looking right (the brightness setting isn't one to worry about with screen burn, it is contrast that is the killer there). Get a copy of Digital Video Essentials and play it over and over until you master how to use the test patterns and after 100 or so hours use them to adjust again. Ideally get it ISF calibrated but I seem to remember that you are in Denmark so you will have to seek out an ISF calibrator, details here:

www.imagingscience.com

Piers said:
Peter,

Picture mode to Standard or Cinema, reduce contrast to under 50% and adjust brightness to get the picture looking right (the brightness setting isn't one to worry about with screen burn, it is contrast that is the killer there). Get a copy of Digital Video Essentials and play it over and over until you master how to use the test patterns and after 100 or so hours use them to adjust again. Ideally get it ISF calibrated but I seem to remember that you are in Denmark so you will have to seek out an ISF calibrator, details here:

www.imagingscience.com

Thanks, Piers ;)

So where do I get that DVE disc? For PAL systems? And I don't know if there is anyone here in Denmark who can ISF calibrate... but I guess I'll ask around...

Piero Milani was running a power buy for DVE on this forum, not sure if it is still running. Otherwise amazon.com I think.

Gordon @ Convergent AV said:
I'm sure we can find you someone in Denmark....

Gordon

Didn't quite catch that? ;) You wanna look for someone to ISF calibrate my screen? 'Cause that would be absolutely fantastic! Then I won't need the DVE disc, right? And how much is a ISF?

Gordon appears to be being optimistic. According to the ISF database there is nobody in Denmark who is ISF trained and has the calibration equipment - if there is, here is your chance to say so.

My web site will give you ideas about the cost of ISF calibration - in a different league to buying the calibration DVD but training and the expense of equipment to analyse the parts of the calibration DVDs that eyes alone are hard pressed to do, explain the difference in cost.

peterakastorm where did you get the PWD8 in Denmark, and did they have the PHD8? And how much was it? (I live in Denmark too)

Hi xprezz.

I'm buying it from Germany - I don't quite wanna shout out the name just yet, because I don't know how things goes, and I don't wanna end up not getting one, because everyone wants to get one ;) So in a week or so, I'll tell you ;)

But the price will be 1826 € inc. delivery, 2 years of Pan European Guarantee, a wall mount, and a BNC component board. That's about

Yes, buy DVE, but get it ISF calibrated if you can find anyone prepared to come to Denmark to do it.

Hehe, if someone who can do it, is going to Copenhagen sometime, please call me!! :D

peterakastorm said:
Hehe, if someone who can do it, is going to Copenhagen sometime, please call me!! :D

I ordered a PV500 from germany -> copenhagen and currently also waiting to see how things turn out. I was gonna wait for the PHD8 but after seeing an xbox run high-def at a friends house I needed it NOW! :)

It is a bitch though being on these forums and seeing the options and prices people get in the UK and living in Denmark where you cant even find a decent store to demo anything.

Yaeh, it sucks living in Denmark, and having plasma TV's ;) Almost no hidef feeds, no places to demo, as you say, and no ISF calibrators :(

peterakastorm said:
and no ISF calibrators :(

Sorry that the options in Denmark seem to be so limited. Holland seems to be ISF-mad judging from the number of those attending ISF training - where are you guys in Denmark - there is a market out there! Or am I going to have to find a cheap flight??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom