How to reset Aldi Portable Media Player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by grubco, Jun 15, 2008.

1. grubco

grubco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I purchased about 2 years ago, from Aldi (here in Sydney) a Portable Multimedia Player, model MD 95639 or MDVID 220 - which is also a rebadge of a MSI Megaview 588, model MS 588 (shown below).

[​IMG]

My problem is: it is now stuck on the intro "boot-up animation" screen when turning it on - and it cannot reach the main menu (as pictured), which it should do so after about 2 seconds on the intro screen.
    I am not sure if a) it is an age thing, as the device is about 2 years old, or b) because I have used it quite a lot since owning it, or c) if the 20gb hdd is corrupted from an "invalid" file I found and deleted just before it jammed.
    So my question is: can this device be reset? There is no reset pin switch, but is there a combination of switches and buttons that will reset it? So that I can format it.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem with this device? Or one of its similar rebadged models?
    Thank you for any help.

2. grubco

grubco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called the service people today after work, and the guy said there is no way to reset that device - and that I'm not to first to ask this. To his knowledge there is no way to readily restore the unit. He suggested that I could get the device serviced, but speculated the cost of such would surely exceed the value of the unit - to which I said no. There are plenty others on the market now that do the samethings... so that's that. It appears all that is left for this Aldi PMP now, is a kindly visit from Dr Foot!