HOW TO REMOVE THIS RECORD PLAYER DECK / TURNTABLE

melken

Novice Member
Hello , I've decided this might be the best forum to get an answer to my question but if you think a more suitable forum or even website might be more fruitful please let me know.
So here's the problem. I am repairing a Grundig Radiogram model KS740 for a friend. It has sentimental value for him otherwise I might just say its too much trouble. It is a standard 60's style radiogram with a 4 band radio , all valve and a nice stereo audio amp. I have done what I thought was the most difficult job in replacing the tuning cord ( what a job). So now I have moved on to the record player. This has a model number AG 1025 but I believe it is also a Philps turntable with same model number. Basically the platter does not spin. I'm not asking for advice on what this might be BUT where I am struggling , so I can better inspect the workings , is how to remove the deck from the wooden casing. You cannot access it from the the back , the sides or the bottom so the only way out is to lift it vertically. It is on its 4 mounting springs but I cannot lift it more than a centimetre or so. There must be some locking device holding it in. I have attached a picture. The only thing I can think is that I would have to remove the turntable and that may expose some fastening under the turntable. This is held on by a small circlip type washer that will be difficult to remove. The shipping screw holes are visible and there are no screws installed here. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any experience on how to remove this deck?

Attachments

• 20210407_151602[1].jpg
    20210407_151602[1].jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 44

DT79

Hello , I've decided this might be the best forum to get an answer to my question but if you think a more suitable forum or even website might be more fruitful please let me know.
So here's the problem. I am repairing a Grundig Radiogram model KS740 for a friend. It has sentimental value for him otherwise I might just say its too much trouble. It is a standard 60's style radiogram with a 4 band radio , all valve and a nice stereo audio amp. I have done what I thought was the most difficult job in replacing the tuning cord ( what a job). So now I have moved on to the record player. This has a model number AG 1025 but I believe it is also a Philps turntable with same model number. Basically the platter does not spin. I'm not asking for advice on what this might be BUT where I am struggling , so I can better inspect the workings , is how to remove the deck from the wooden casing. You cannot access it from the the back , the sides or the bottom so the only way out is to lift it vertically. It is on its 4 mounting springs but I cannot lift it more than a centimetre or so. There must be some locking device holding it in. I have attached a picture. The only thing I can think is that I would have to remove the turntable and that may expose some fastening under the turntable. This is held on by a small circlip type washer that will be difficult to remove. The shipping screw holes are visible and there are no screws installed here. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any experience on how to remove this deck?
Someone here may well know, but I think you are most likely to get an answer on Vinyl Engine Forum

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The answer on how to remove the turntable has already been given in post #3
Google “How to remove a turntable circlip”

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom