Question How to remove ' This control panel...'

UpgradingAgain

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I'm about to pull my last bits of hair out due to this onscreen issue. I'm sure it's well noted but can't find the answer here.

I'm running a Panasonic bd900 to my Sony x93 tv and this onscreen message just can't be disabled. It's a graphic from the player telling me how I can control the various functions but you simply can't remove it?!

Please help me.

Thanks

hi everyone,

I'm about to pull my last bits of hair out due to this onscreen issue. I'm sure it's well noted but can't find the answer here.

I'm running a Panasonic bd900 to my Sony x93 tv and this onscreen message just can't be disabled. It's a graphic from the player telling me how I can control the various functions but you simply can't remove it?!

Please help me.

Thanks
Return button?

Hi. I've tried that already and it does nothing. I know that the Sony tv has Bravia link and it makes the tv remote control the disc player but I also note that the disc player has Viera control for panasonics to talk to each other. I just know that the superimposed control panel is from the disc player but can't use the disc remote when the movie is running?!

Hi. I've tried that already and it does nothing. I know that the Sony tv has Bravia link and it makes the tv remote control the disc player but I also note that the disc player has Viera control for panasonics to talk to each other. I just know that the superimposed control panel is from the disc player but can't use the disc remote when the movie is running?!
Turn off Viera link?

A known problem with some Panasonic players. Make sure you have all updates applied, then switch off for 10 minutes and restart. This should cure the fault, it certainly did on mine. I think you will find some discs have the fault and others don't.

Thanks I found that shutting off the machine and NOT turning it on with the disc remote worked last night. I used the tv remote instead as this can control simple functions. Then 18 mins into the movie the whole movie froze?!!! I'm starting to dislike this player given it's cost.

I know this is an very old discussion. However I will post my findings about this issue as it might help others losing time:

VIERA link options are enabled in my case (Panasonic TX-40 EXW & Panasonic UB404). When you are in a movie's DVD menu and you start playback with your (Panasonic) TV remote control by hitting the 'OK' button the mentioned panel/field is shown during the whole movie. Whereas when you start playback with your (Panasonic) UHD player's remote control the panel/field doesn't show.

I haven't tested so far if the panel/field also shows up when you start your movie by hitting the PLAY button on TV's remote control (many Panasonic TV remote controls have the most needed playback-buttons at the bottom).

When you started your movie by hitting 'OK' button of your TV's remote control, you can sometimes hide the annoying field/panel by hitting 'Exit' or 'Return' on the same remote control.

In my eyes this is an annoying bug or useless option (who needs it??). I have reported it to Panasonic. However they don't seem to be interested in resolving this issue or they don't regard it as an issue. This is sad. There would be many possible solutions:

- remove this useless option
- add an option so that you can disable this "feature"
- keep this "feature" but adding a timer so that the field/panel automatically hides after e.g. 5 seconds

Just my 2 cents

Phew that helped! Dug out the BluRay remote and don't have to try and ignore the menu overlay!
Was using my Yamaha A/V controller to power on/play movies.

Hi all! Turn the Panasonic DVD player off on the mains (not on the actual machine) and leave off for a few minutes. Turn back on and this should reset the system and remove the glitch on the tv.

Hi all! Turn the Panasonic DVD player off on the mains (not on the actual machine) and leave off for a few minutes. Turn back on and this should reset the system and remove the glitch on the tv.

Sorry, I am not a native speaker. With "turn off on the mains" you mean to do a power-reset (unplug power cord) - correct?
But what do you mean with "not on the acutal machine"? What is in your context the actual machine?

Sorry, I am not a native speaker. With "turn off on the mains" you mean to do a power-reset (unplug power cord) - correct?
But what do you mean with "not on the acutal machine"? What is in your context the actual machine?
Correct: they mean unplug power cord
not on the actual machine = don't use the power on/off switch on the player or remote power on/off button. Both just put player into standby rather than fully cutting the power.

I had this problem recently on my new LG TV. Easy to get rid of when it displays, you press the ‘back’ button on the player remote. It may not be a permanent fix as in it never displays again, but at least I can get rid of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom