How To Remove the Red Tint on a 9G Kuro using a Harmony Remote

Why do OLED owners with the so called, in their words, “greatest tv” still hang out in the plasma section chastising kuro owners? It’s pretty funny to see.

They spend more time talking about the kuro than their own TV.

People need to deal with not everyone is going to fall over for this “new” technology stuff. 4K and HDR is nice but still nowhere near the jump from SD to HD. 1080p still provides a sharp as a tack picture. Color spectrum still vibrant and realistic.

Combine that with the kuro technology plus plasma and it’s not hard to understand why the kuro is still sought after and owners don’t feel the need to buy another tv.
Oh do be quiet, I had a Pioneer KRP, and it's not better at all, just carry on with your nonsense there's a good boy, the argument is finished, plasma was it, and it's now not, end of story.

Ok. Whatever you say ambassador of all things TV.

lol.
And that's all you have got? stick to peddling your misguided sycophantic nonsense which your pretty bad at.

We’re all entitled to our own opinion. My neighbour has a 65” LG OLED and we have a KRP-600.

He always grumbles our Kuro has a more “natural” picture and keeps fiddling with his LG settings to try and match what we have.

Personally I think his OLED looks good, but I wouldn’t swap.

In both cases the viewing distance is too far to see better than 1080p resolution.

We’re all entitled to our own opinion. My neighbour has a 65” LG OLED and we have a KRP-600.

He always grumbles our Kuro has a more “natural” picture and keeps fiddling with his LG settings to try and match what we have.

Personally I think his OLED looks good, but I wouldn’t swap.

In both cases the viewing distance is too far to see better than 1080p resolution.
He could pay for Professional Calibration, and then it will look as good as or afaic better :) because the chances are that it won't have been calibrated, not tweaked by eye, I mean properly calibrated.

Also do not forget that the Kuro is a 1080 TV not a 4K one, so if the OLED is showing none 4K content and it's having to upscale then that may be why the Kuro would look better because the OLED is having a Best Guess at scaling it up to 4K, its simple logic as to why the Pioneer may look better really.

I’ve recently picked up a 2,400 hours KRP-600M, which must be one of the lowest hours KRPs around now!
Can anyone remind me of the best settings for low hours displays in terms of red tint etc?

My old one was on around 18,000 hours and I managed to dial out any signs of tint in service menu, but can’t recall what I changed now, it was a few years ago.

I’ve recently picked up a 2,400 hours KRP-600M, which must be one of the lowest hours KRPs around now!
Can anyone remind me of the best settings for low hours displays in terms of red tint etc?

My old one was on around 18,000 hours and I managed to dial out any signs of tint in service menu, but can’t recall what I changed now, it was a few years ago.
lower rstp thats it leave sad at stock

Last edited:
I reduced YKNOFSA D down to 90 and with some bias lighting the black level is superb!

I reduced YKNOFSA D down to 90 and with some bias lighting the black level is superb!
How many hours you got on your 5090? I have RSTP at 1 and SAD no lower than 108, though I have used 100 before and the mll was very very low.

He could pay for Professional Calibration, and then it will look as good as or afaic better :) because the chances are that it won't have been calibrated, not tweaked by eye, I mean properly calibrated.

Also do not forget that the Kuro is a 1080 TV not a 4K one, so if the OLED is showing none 4K content and it's having to upscale then that may be why the Kuro would look better because the OLED is having a Best Guess at scaling it up to 4K, its simple logic as to why the Pioneer may look better really.

In both cases we predominantly watch Netflix and Prime. Neither of us had any calibration.

How many hours you got on your 5090? I have RSTP at 1 and SAD no lower than 108, though I have used 100 before and the mll was very very low.
I'd say about 15k hours? Shall dig out the service remote and have a butchers

Hello! Not long ago I bought a Pioneer PDP-LX6090. It operates on a 220 volt electrical network. Of course, I don't know what the black level was when it was new. But I notice that when I watch 4: 3 content, the side stripes have a clear tint to red. I tried to take a photo. In reality, they look more black. I want to try the method described in this thread.
Tell me:
1. Is this method suitable for TVs operating on a 220 volt electrical network?
2. Will any used Harmony remote, such as the Harmony 885, work for me? Or is it better to buy on ebay? ebay Replacement Remote
3. Could this method lead to other problems (white points, etc.)?

Attachments

• 20210509_153921.jpg
    20210509_153921.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 143
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hello! Not long ago I bought a Pioneer PDP-LX6090. It operates on a 220 volt electrical network. Of course, I don't know what the black level was when it was new. But I notice that when I watch 4: 3 content, the side stripes have a clear tint to red. I tried to take a photo. In reality, they look more black. I want to try the method described in this thread.
Tell me:
1. Is this method suitable for TVs operating on a 220 volt electrical network?
2. Will any used Harmony remote, such as the Harmony 885, work for me? Or is it better to buy on ebay? ebay Replacement Remote
3. Could this method lead to other problems (white points, etc.)?
1. It should work for 220v. Cannot see why not.

2. Any programmable Harmony remote should work, however as Logitech is shutting down their Harmony product line, customer support may be limited. One option is to buy a compatible Pioneer service remote on ebay, same or similar price, no need to perform additional programming by Logitech.

3. Not aware of any other problem, all changes are reversible, just writes down the original number first before changing. However, it takes time to fine tune to get your desirable result. No need to worry, it is quite fun to play around with these advance setting.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hello! I recently received the required remote and made all that was described in the instructions.
The initial number was 120 and I changed it to 80 as was advised.

But I started to notice some purple dots, I made some photos.

What it might be and what am I to do now?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 122
80 way to low, put back to stock which is 128, and lower rstp to 1and live with it

If you have rs232 interface there is the command:
RRL S00-7
Correction of panel deterioration, Red level 0 to 7 from manual
\x02*rrls0\x03\ =command fromht (need to be in service menu)
* is 1 -7
restart tv to see effect(also rgl rbl same command)

If you have rs232 interface there is the command:
RRL S00-7
Correction of panel deterioration, Red level 0 to 7 from manual
\x02*rrls0\x03\ =command fromht (need to be in service menu)
* is 1 -7
restart tv to see effect(also rgl rbl same command)

I only have a special remote control to have access to the service menu. I purchased it on the ebay. I only followed the instructions on the first page of this topic.
I don't have rs232. Excuse me, but I can't understand your instructions... Can you explain in more detail?

I only have a special remote control to have access to the service menu. I purchased it on the ebay. I only followed the instructions on the first page of this topic.
I don't have rs232. Excuse me, but I can't understand your instructions... Can you explain in more detail?
yes command from hyperterminal (ht) a windows program for sending serial commands you can maybe acheive the same thing in service menu
l 108 not 80 default is128 you may then to lower xsus and ysus to 126 if you have sparkles
mute mute enter then scroll down until you see panel adjust then enter

Well, I put it back to 128 and lowered it to 127. Now on 127 that dots disappeared.

Or did you mean something else? What
yes command from hyperterminal (ht) a windows program for sending serial commands you can maybe acheive the same thing in service menu
l 108 not 80 default is128 you may then to lower xsus and ysus to 126 if you have sparkles
mute mute enter then scroll down until you see panel adjust then enter
its the same thing he has a remote

80 way to low, put back to stock which is 128, and lower rstp to 1and live with it

I found the needed VOL RST P and lowered it to 1 and put back VOL YKNOFSA D to 128.
After that the pink pixels returned, but they are less than in case of VOL YKNOFSA D = 80.

Can you tell me what settings am I to try to change next?

Here are my current settings:

VOL SUS : 128
VOL OFFSET : 068
VOL RST P : 001 (was 032)
VOL XPOFS1 : 105
VOL XPOFS2 : 063
VOL YKNOFS1 D : 086
VOL YKNOFS3 D : 096
VOL YKNOFS4 D : 143
VOL YKNOFSA D : 128
RESET1ST_KSB : 128
RESET2ND_KSB : 128
YSTL_1SF_KSB : 128
YSTL_1SF_HZ : 128
XSUS_1ST_B : 128
YSUS_2ND_B : 128
XSUS_3RD_B : 128
YSUS_B : 128
XSUS_B : 128
YSTL_KSB : 128
YSTL_HZ : 128
YSTL_2SF_KSB : 128
YSTL_2SF_HZ : 128
YSTL_FMR_KSB : 128
SCAN ADRS ADJ. : 128
SUS FREQ : MODE 1

Last edited:
hi yes YKNOFSA D : 128 you could try 108
ysus_b :125
xsus_b:125
should be good,if still bad
vol sus: 138
the 60" sets are trickier to optimise there is maybe the rs232 command "fbms01"="enable in phase sus drive" which may help but need interface to do that and also "smcs01" = smooth clear drive mode but need "pfy" = panel factory mode on but i have a 500a so maybe different

Folks, can someone tell me the factory voltage settings for the PDP-LX6090?

I got much more information on my TV and we found out that it was supposedly reset by the previos owner, that's why I have some pink pixels on White and some White pixels on Black. We tried some fixes (as lifting up the YKNOFSAD to 188, correcting the balance of the White color, lifting up ABL to 180). After the changes I started to distinguish Black shades (the dress of the death was completely Black without any shades), the White became more natural and etc. The problem pixels also lowered but have not gone completely.

Now I want to check out all my voltages and need to know the initial ones to start from there.
20210721_182250.jpg

Last edited:
hi ,
the settings you have are the stock voltages , problem is when reset all the panel aging algorithims start from zero but your panel has x many hours so its all wrong the voltages change internally over time for a 9000 hour 500a that has been reset
voltages are volsus 156
YKNOFSA D 177
YSUS_B : 125
XSUS_B : 125

but no lower on those 2 as you may get slow pixel response

Hello.i havent read all 18 pages of this thread,but,i recently added a 5090 into my "Harmony Touch Remote" and the service menu was in the settings by default, Just over 10,000 on my set.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom