How To Remove the Red Tint on a 9G Kuro using a Harmony Remote

I was just testing it because I saw someone else mention something about it. But yeah SUS does work too.

I would think SUS would be a better option? Since the ABL is set for the overall brightness.

Thanks, I think ABL will give you more overall pop but I will play with SUS and see the difference. Isnt SUS mostly used by reset users? I rarely see tweakers utilize it.

I was just testing it because I saw someone else mention something about it. But yeah SUS does work too.

I would think SUS would be a better option? Since the ABL is set for the overall brightness.

You can find a bunch online for different models. Can’t find 600A. There’s a 141

Shouldn’t all 60” models operate the same?

Those manuals don’t say anything about voltages. Was look it at a 151 service manual and it had nothing about voltage levels. There must be different versions because I’ve seen one that listed minimum at max voltage levels.
I do not want to assume all 60" service manual are the same, hence I specifically ask for KRP-600A (or KRP-600P) service manual. Strangely, I cannot find it from internet, does anyone has a copy?

Thanks, I think ABL will give you more overall pop but I will play with SUS and see the difference. Isnt SUS mostly used by reset users? I rarely see tweakers utilize it.

Well ABL is set to limit brightness because of power usage. So my thinking was SUS might be better since you wouldn't have to mess with that.

I'm fine with stock brightness though. It's more than enough. I only have 4200 hours on my kuro. I use power save 2 also.

I do not want to assume all 60" service manual are the same, hence I specifically ask for KRP-600A (or KRP-600P) service manual. Strangely, I cannot find it from internet, does anyone has a copy?

You can do a search online yourself and check. I couldn't find any. That's why i gave you an alternative.

Well ABL is set to limit brightness because of power usage. So my thinking was SUS might be better since you wouldn't have to mess with that.

I'm fine with stock brightness though. It's more than enough. I only have 4200 hours on my kuro. I use power save 2 also.

You can do a search online yourself and check. I couldn't find any. That's why i gave you an alternative.

Agree its more than enough but Im still gonna check SUS out as I havent played around with that one. Yes I also use savemode 2 often unless im gaming or watching a movie. How do you have so low hours, I have 7400 on mine and thats considered a virgin, yours isnt even born yet lol. Is it an LX or KRP?

Agree its more than enough but Im still gonna check SUS out as I havent played around with that one. Yes I also use savemode 2 often unless im gaming or watching a movie. How do you have so low hours, I have 7400 on mine and thats considered a virgin, yours isnt even born yet lol. Is it an LX or KRP?

I mostly only watch blurays. Don't really do broadcast television so it isn't on multiple hours a day.

I have the U.S. Elite model 151. Which the equivalent would be the LX over here?

I mostly only watch blurays. Don't really do broadcast television so it isn't on multiple hours a day.

I have the U.S. Elite model 151. Which the equivalent would be the LX over here?

Yeah same here mate, if I watch broadcasts its because of footy mostly. Might be an LX im not sure...still 9G though and utterly superb.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
How can I turn on service menu with this controller?

You push whichever button they programmed for service menu. I'm sure they will tell you which one it is when you get it. Or have you got it and you're having problems? You may have to press it when the TV is in off/standby mode.

Not sure how many people respond/follow this thread still but...

I just read every single post. It SEEMS like a tweak of the SAD and RSTP is a fairly easy/safe thing to do as long as you don't push it too far. Is this true?

I'm in the process of getting the hex code onto my Harmony remote, so I'm not sure of the current values or viewing hours yet. I just bought a used PDP-6020FD here in Canada. Nice TV, but definitely has some red tint/elevated blacks.

There's been some discussion that the tweak doesn't work as well on 60"? Assuming the values are at stock, I was thinking about going conservative and seeing how it looked. Maybe RSTP 10 and SAD 105 or something?

Any ideas/discussion/help would be great.

Thank you!

Not sure how many people respond/follow this thread still but...

I just read every single post. It SEEMS like a tweak of the SAD and RSTP is a fairly easy/safe thing to do as long as you don't push it too far. Is this true?

I'm in the process of getting the hex code onto my Harmony remote, so I'm not sure of the current values or viewing hours yet. I just bought a used PDP-6020FD here in Canada. Nice TV, but definitely has some red tint/elevated blacks.

There's been some discussion that the tweak doesn't work as well on 60"? Assuming the values are at stock, I was thinking about going conservative and seeing how it looked. Maybe RSTP 10 and SAD 105 or something?

Any ideas/discussion/help would be great.

Thank you!

Yeah going about 105 should be ok and I'd stick around 12 for rstp... it does work on a 60inch just that the 60inch kuros /krps wont go as dark as their smaller siblings the 50inch... also depends on the amount of hours the set has done..
Hope all works out ok..
Good luck..

Yeah going about 105 should be ok and I'd stick around 12 for rstp... it does work on a 60inch just that the 60inch kuros /krps wont go as dark as their smaller siblings the 50inch... also depends on the amount of hours the set has done..
Hope all works out ok..
Good luck..

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any known long term effects? I'm pretty sure I've read that it should be fine since we are still "within range."

put rstp at 1 job done,

This is what I was sort of afraid of. There seems to be differing opinions.

So just RSTP to 1 and don't change SAD?

Doesn't that not leave wiggle room to change it down again when/if the red tint returns?

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I was sort of afraid of. There seems to be differing opinions.

So just RSTP to 1 and don't change SAD?

Doesn't that not leave wiggle room to change it down again when/if the red tint returns?

Thanks for the reply.
You can lower sad ... try it at 1 for rstp.. wont damage the TV can always change it.. had that on a previous krp500 but my 600 only had 9000 hrs if that so whatever I did didn't see much difference as it was a relatively young panel ..

My RSTP is set at 5 on my KRP600a but I have megenta misfires show occasionally. Ive lived with it for years as it is not that noticeable.

My SAD is set at 128 - which I think is standard. I have experimented and lowered SAD. That makes the black level insanely dark but also causes the misfires to become more frequent.

If I raise RSTP it cures the megenta misfire issue but the red tint returns.

Any suggestions on how to get the balance? Are there any other voltages that are worth adjusting? I have 16.5k hours on the set.

I know The 50’s have a lot more wiggle room than the 60’s.

I don't know anything about the RSTP, but I lowered my YKNOFSA D from its default (128 I think) to 80 and that made a huge difference. Blacks are inky and red tint gone! 👍

80 way low
Hi Middleweight - it's not something I know much about unfortunately! I used a service remote and some advice I was given on here. If I go much above 80 the red tint starts to show again. Probably less than 10,000 hours on my panel. What would you suggest I try instead? Thanks 👍

my set has 30,000 hrs on it, SAD is left at 128, and only rstp is lowered to 1

Whereabouts in the service menu is RSTP located? Can try on mine and see what happens (assuming I can remember how to get in and what to press!). Thanks 👍

Found RSTP - it's set to 001 already? Got 11,445 hours on the set. Raised my YKNOFSA D to 088.

I think you guys can adjust RSTP and SAD on your 50” sets without issues. The 60’s are not as flexible. If I drop my SAD it does indeed make blacks insanely dark but the megenta misfires are far worse.

Anybody with experience of adjusting a KRP600 or 6090?

giggsy1950, did you buy your set second hand?

giggsy1950, did you buy your set second hand?
Hi KuroMike - I did yes. Bought it three years ago with only 6500 hours on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom