1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove RPTV screen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Juvenut, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Juvenut

Juvenut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone instruct me how to remove the screen of a Tosh 42WH46 TV.

I'm trying to get to my red, green and blue pots / guns and mirror as I can see they are thick with dust and I'm having a few minor image problems I think I can remedy.

I've detached the screws at the rear of the set and am able to pull the top if the screen off at the top (see glance in which is how I saw the dust!) but it seems to be attached a bit more securely at the bottom. I've tried forcing it but it wont move, and I dont wanna break it off or indeed more importantly break the screen which is quite fragile.

Any guideance would be appreciated as I wanna get those guns wiped and pray my small image imperfections disappear!

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's built like my RPTV (51WH) then the screen will have fixing screws behind the speaker cover. This is also where the focus controls are on mine, I would guess the same would apply to your set as well. On the 51" the cover is cloth and merely clips into place but this may not be the case with yours because the 42WH has a plastic cover, so look for screws holding this cover on.

Don't put too much pressure on that screen - it is very fragile!

What sort of image problems are you having?

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't have any experience of RP tellys but if you can see the dusty area could you use a can of compressed air to blow the dust away ? Regards, yt.