1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove dents on the HD5 - help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ChunkyMunkyLuva, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ChunkyMunkyLuva

ChunkyMunkyLuva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought my HD5 about a month ago and already ive dropped it :S
    it wasn't in its (crappy) case either so now ive got a dent in the back of it
    can anyone help me out with this? is there anyway of getting the casing replaced? or better yet getting the dent out another way

please help this is really annoying me and i dont want to buy a new unit :(

2. dissembled

dissembled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If you live elsewhere, I'm sure your country site has a page just like this one.

Your decision to pay for their services depends on how anal you are. Ask yourself if you can stand to have the player with dents. Well of course no one would, but not everyone would be willing to pay an uncertain amount of money to remove them.

3. ChunkyMunkyLuva

ChunkyMunkyLuva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you have the website for the UK repair service? i can't seem to find it anywhere, and it would be very useful

4. dissembled

dissembled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Pyrobob83

Pyrobob83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a couple dents in the back of mine too. I bought one of those silicon cases for mine (post dentage though), which not only hides the couple little dents, but also protects it from getting more. Worth a look.

6. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Proporta silicon cases rock. They appear to be the only ones that fit snugly without adding ugly bulk to the player ...

7. ChunkyMunkyLuva

ChunkyMunkyLuva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would like a case to hide the dents.. but i have seen the silicon case on my friends player and it hides the true beauty of the player. it also covers the buttons but doesnt cover the screen, and gives the player a grey colour.