• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to Remove Ceiling Speaker Grills?

xrich

Standard Member
I can't remove the grills on my in ceiling speaker grills. I don't know the make/models of the speakers. The speakers were already pre-installed by a prior homeowner before I moved in and there are no markings on the speaker grills. The grills are white, with a total diameter of 11 5/8 inches including the bezel and 9 5/16 inches not including the bezel. I've tried inserting a paint scraper under the edge of the grill and prying with significant pressure but it didn't budge. I could apply more pressure but I don't want to break it. Any help much appreciated.

markswift2003

Established Member
Have you tried twisting them anti-clockwise? - just put the flat of your hands against the grill for friction, and with a little bit of pressure give it a twist..

Mark

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
use a flat blade screwdriver and prise them off, i can pretty much guarentee they are just pushed in as you have to have access to do the screws up:thumbsup: have you not taken the grills from car speakers before? it works the same way. they can be tight sometimes, the only problem you may have is if some bright spark tried to glue them in:rolleyes:

xrich

Standard Member
Thanks for the info, I'll try prying it again tonite. And no, i've never tried removing a car speaker grill before. I'm definitely an audio noob but it's never too late to learn...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom