How to remove a user from the ps3?

Scott23

Hi. I bought a PS3 used from this site and love it. However, the previous owner's username is on the desktop bit and I can't see an option to remove it? I have downloaded wipeoutHD before realising so I guess a full format is out of the question? Also, if I was to format the HDD fully do I have to reinstall the Sony OS from somewhere (no disks in the box so not sure how this works??).

Any help appreciated to a new ps3 convert :smashin:

Abvance

Novice Member
Did you download the game on your own user? If so then just log-in into the other user then select it with triangle and delete. Simply when you know how.

Scott23

I downloaded it on my login I think. So I just login as the old user and then press triangle?

Scott23

The console has not been registered with Sony yet - how do I do this and is it worth doing?

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Also, if I was to format the HDD fully do I have to reinstall the Sony OS from somewhere (no disks in the box so not sure how this works??).

Any help appreciated to a new ps3 convert :smashin:
If you do decide to reformat your ps3, all the operating system is hard encoded so once it detects a fresh HDD it will automatically reinstall all the required files.

Also, as long as you use the same username which you used to purchase Wipeout HD, you can redownload from PSN Store up to 5 times.

Hope that's of some help. :smashin:

Scott23

Cheers for the help - I am also wondering about a format to allow a linux installation to get iplayer, etc through firefox. Really appreciate the help :smashin:

I got rid of the last user too so that worked :smashin:

wills999

Novice Member
Cheers for the help - I am also wondering about a format to allow a linux installation to get iplayer, etc through firefox. Really appreciate the help :smashin:

I got rid of the last user too so that worked :smashin:
you can access the iplayer through the internet browser anyway...it's good qualiity too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom