How to reduce "Soap Opera" Effect.

dhstandard

Standard Member
I have a bunch of features on my new Samsung LED HDTV 1080p 120 hz. Would just like to know how to reduce this very annoying effect.

These are the main on/off features I think may affect it:

Edge Enhancement
Motion Lighting
LED Motion Plus
Digital Noise Filter
MPEG Noise Filter
Auto Motion Plus

What should I turn on or off to help to reduce the effect. On top of that, which would you generally reccommend turning on or off when watching TV/Movies, Sports, or playing video games? This information would be really helpful =).

dhstandard

Standard Member
Just got a new samsung TV. Series 6, 6000 1080p 120 mhz 40" Led TV. Has a TON of features on it and I was wondering what I should turn on to make my TV watching experience better. Has the basic features along with :

Edge Enhancement
Motion Lighting
LED Motion Plus
Digital Noise Filter
MPEG Noise Filter
Auto Motion Plus
Film Mode
Color Tone
HDMI Black Level
Black Tone
Dynamic Contrast
Shadow Detail
Gamma
Expert Pattern
RGB Only Mode
Color Space
White Balance
10x White balance
Flesh Tone
xxYCC.

Thanks!

Curly99

Distinguished Member
do a search of the forums for your TV/model number there is probably an owners or setting thread with the information you require

Curly

P.S. as both of your threads/post are on the same subject of TV settings there is really no need for them both so I'll merge them.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Set the motion plus setting to 'Clear' and see what happens first as that will most likely make the biggest difference. After that just try tweaking one or two settings at a time or you'll end up not knowing what fixed it if you change too much at once.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom