1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reduce OVERSCAN on Sony Cineza PJ-s?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sonn, Apr 25, 2004.

1. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Due to the wonderful overscan-problem link at the mastersofcinema.com page, I finally got proved what a nasty thing overscan is and that my sweet sony vpl-hs2 is no exception from the problem --- the boy on the hill from Tarkovsky's "Mirror" has got his legs mercilessly chopped off (as shown on the respective page). (Actually not so dramatically, my cineza HS2 amputates only boy's left leg --- however, mutilation is done)

I went through the factory modes on my PJ, but found nothing that would have looked like the possibility for "zero overscan".

The question: is there any possibility to get rid of this nasty little thing -- overscan -- on Sony Cineza PJ-s? (as to menus and functional structure they are all more or less similar)

Or perhaps this is partly a problem of the dvd player (I'v got Sony DVP-NS300)?

1000 thanks to somebody who could provide at least an adequate link to the problem
    Cheers Henno