How to record sky hd channels

tomsta79

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok lads the thing i want to no is what is the best way to record sky hd channels then place them on my pc.. i have a sub box blade 7000 hd.. so i no theres not a copy right on this. HDCP ive looked it up so what do you lads think is the best opition. thanks

The Blade can record to USB drive then you can connect the drive to the PC and copy the files off.

The Blade can record to USB drive then you can connect the drive to the PC and copy the files off.
..thanks tryed that the last time but could not find a program to convert them ..say i record one long film then connect harddrive to pc one film is like in four are five separate bits then you have to start joining it all together

Yep, the split is to get around fat32 file size limits. I believe there are codecs available to read the files, I believe the 7000 is very similar to the Techno 5402 so may be worth searching for info on that. If you replace it with a Linux based box you'll have no such issues and can record direct to NAS/PC share too.

Yep, the split is to get around fat32 file size limits. I believe there are codecs available to read the files, I believe the 7000 is very similar to the Techno 5402 so may be worth searching for info on that. If you replace it with a Linux based box you'll have no such issues and can record direct to NAS/PC share too.
was thinking of buying a elgato hd capture card.hoping i could some how play the film from the box to the pc then just use a program to capture screen

It'll work if it'll defeat the HDCP somehow... Or you'll be left with SD recording only. Suggest you google "blade 7000 recording pc" first though. :)

could not find a program to convert them
All you wanted was to "place them on my pc" - what do you want to do with them once they're there?
That they're in the form of several large files shouldn't make any difference to whatever it is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom