• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to record music to PC

jw515

Standard Member
I have a Shure m58 mic, a Snap Music Studio 715 and a Tascam 788 8 Track recorder but I do not know what I need to do to record music to my PC.

I am aware that this may not be the right part of the forum for this but, I need someone who is aware of how to do this to point me in exactly the right direction as I've spent MONTHS trying to work this out.

Please tell me what equipment/software I need to get this going, the guy at Maplin said I had everything I needed but once again... stuck.

Please help.

MarkE19

By the looks of it you do have all the hardware required to get analogue & digital audio sources onto the PC. What you haven't listed is any software, so I assume this is what you are after advice for.
Audio software for the PC is widely available with a vast array of features and costs. Something free like Audacity may be all you need, but for the semi pro recording tools you can go up to something like Sonar Home Studio from Cakewalk.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom