How to record from Sky Digibox with Sony HXD710?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Joolsyp, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Joolsyp

Joolsyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have the Sony HXD710 with integrated freeview and have just had Sky Digital fitted.

I want to be able to record from Sky Digital as well as the in-built Freeview tuner (obviously not at the same time), however, I'm not sure how to connect the equipment to enable this.

At the moment I have the satellite aerial feed going into the Sky Digibox as well as the Terrestrial aerial (into Aerial in). I have an aerial lead from RF out on the Digibox to Aerial In on the Sony and then another aerial lead from Aerial Out on the Sony to my TV.

I have a scart running from the 'VCR' scart on the Digibox to AV3 on the Sony and another scart from the Digibox to AV3 on the TV. Finally I have a scart from the Sony to AV1 on the TV.

At the moment whenever I try to record content from Sky it will only record whatever is on the inbuilt freeview tuner.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

cheers

Jools

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,021
    Hi Jools

How are you attempting to do that?
    Are you selecting AV3 on the sony as the input to be recorded?

3. jonna

jonna
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,520
    Have you selected channel av3 on your recorder.

4. hardeepr

hardeepr
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly as the 2 previous posters have said you need to make sure that you are recording from AV3 (called Line 3 by your recorder.)

Secondly you have too many scart leads and are recording Sky in PAL rather than RGB.

Connect the TV scart of Sky to the AV3 of your 710 - AV3 accepts a RGB input. Connect AV1 from your DVD to the TV and you're finished. (Ignore the VCR scart on Sky unless you want to add another non-RGB device.)

Whilst in standby the DVD will pass through Sky perfectly. When turned on you can switch between watching Sky and watching the DVD's own output by pressing the TV/DVD (TV/Video) switch - not the top slide switch. Pressing play or title list will automatically switch to the DVD's own output.

You will be able to record freeview, line 2, or line 4 and still watch Sky without any hassle, (if you set the DVD to line 3 you will of course be able to record Sky.)

5. Joolsyp

Joolsyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for all your advice - I followed the instructions and am now happily recording from Sky!

thanks again,

Jools