How to record analogue TV channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by andy121280, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

1. andy121280

andy121280
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm not sure if this is at all now possible, but I am hoping to find a cheap small recorder to record analogue TV channels, rather than having to buy an old VCR recorder.
    I work on an oil platform that has around 25 sky tv boxes, each box is used to receive 1 channel, the 25 boxes are then connected to a splitter/digital to analogue of some kind that sends a tv signal to each room in the accommodation block via normal coax cable, then each tv in each room is tuned in to the 25 channels on the tv's analogue tuner. I have checked these channels and they range from 479000khz for channel 1 and up to 863000khz for channel 25.
    Apart from having to buy and old heavy dated VCR, does anyone know of another easier method to record these analogue channels or are all recorders these days purely for digital?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me as I know this is quite a random old style question

cheers

Andrew Allan

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Analogue DVD / and or HDD recorder or a Thomson series 1 TiVo (larger box), should work assuming it is the correct standard i.e. PAL I or what ever is used on the rig to distribute the TV signals. None available new but plenty around free or cheap.

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211