How to re-enable ARC on Panasonic TX-55DX650B?

KlausK

Novice Member
I have a TX-55DX650B which I have been using for several years now, using ARC to send audio to my Marantz amplifier. Until recently, I had been happily using ARC to send audio to my amp, to get 5.1 quality sound. Unfortunately, the other day I unplugged the TV from the wall and since then, I seem to lave lost the ARC facility. I have the latest firmware on both devices and have followed all the instructions that I have found online. E.g. I have connected them using HDMI (unchanged) using HDMI-2 on the TV. I have enabled ARC on the amp and have also enabled Vieira on the TV (I've actually tried with Vieira enabled and disabled). However, the 'amplifier sound option does not appear in the TV Sounds menu. I have also tried setting the sound to the 'Off' setting on the TV, which is another approach I found on the Panasonic site.

I know it used to work - I just want to get it working again - sob :'(

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Try toggling the “SPDIF Selection” and “HDMI Audio Format” settings in the “Advanced Settings” menu as detailed on page 261 of the e-manual (built-in to your TV or easily found with a Google search)
If changing these doesn't get it working pull the power to the TV and Amp then try again.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom