how to question 2 wireless controllers

buddyspudface

Established Member
Reaction score
please can someone respond with how to get both our wireless controllers working on the 360. we have tried on both 360's and only 1 will work on each at any given time... the other one just searches and searches but never gets a channel...please help:lease:

thank you so much, i do look silly now:D i couldnt see the forest through the trees :)

I spent half an hour scratching my head too, and I'm sure we're not the only ones! :D

Don't want to hi-jack the OP thread but it is regarding wireless controllers.

When you log on to your 360 with a controller, it assigns that controller to number 1 obviously.
Say you need to change controllers due to batteries running out and you shut off the controller, how do you get your second controller to become number 1.

I was on COD3 the other day and needed to swap controllers. Shut down the one I was using and got the please connect controller mesage on screen.
I powered up the second controller and just couldn't use it as it assigned to port 2 and the game still needs controller 1.

I end up having to plug the play and charge kit into the original controller or swap batteries.
I tried the sync butons on both controller 2 and 360 but it just assigns it to number 2 again

:confused:

Don't want to hi-jack the OP thread but it is regarding wireless controllers.

When you log on to your 360 with a controller, it assigns that controller to number 1 obviously.
Say you need to change controllers due to batteries running out and you shut off the controller, how do you get your second controller to become number 1.

I was on COD3 the other day and needed to swap controllers. Shut down the one I was using and got the please connect controller mesage on screen.
I powered up the second controller and just couldn't use it as it assigned to port 2 and the game still needs controller 1.

I end up having to plug the play and charge kit into the original controller or swap batteries.
I tried the sync butons on both controller 2 and 360 but it just assigns it to number 2 again

:confused:

lol me too again !

i read the instructions to get my 2 working :D :rotfl:

not sure about the reasigning issue, best bet is to, sign that controller out thru the xbox control panel main screen. Other than that can you not just put the battery pack from controller 2 into controller 1?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom