How to put MP3 files onto PSP - Help????

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Been nagged by my son to put some music files onto his PSP (he only has 20Mb of data on current card so I was only going to put one or two on for him)

Gt the PSP in USB mode and got it connected to the PC so the PC could see it as "PSP".

I tried putting an MP3 file and a WMA file int both the "PSP" file (which didnt work) and the "Common" file which also didnt work.

The tracks are going in (because the memory is going down ) but when you go to the "MUsic" part of the menu it says NO TRACKS !

So where do I put the files or what do I do to make them play? I'm bamboozled!

THANKS!

You should have 2 Main folders in the PSP: MV104M (or something like that) and PSP. In the PSP folder, you should have the following subfolders: GAMESAVES, MUSIC, PHOTO and one or two more. The music (.mp3 files only, no .wma) goes in the MUSIC folder. You can format the memory stick from within the PSP to create these folders automatically.

OK thanks - so you think I need to Format the Memory Stick ?? Because I dont have any filse of that name only PSP (which if you go into you have "Games", "Common", "DATA" and "SyStEM")

If you have save game files or anything you don't wanna lose, drag onto PC 1st - then put back onto PSP after formatting

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom