How to put Album Art on SE W850i ?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by square-eyes-baz, Dec 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Hi, Ive already transferred 6 or 7 CDs onto my phone but it doesnt display the album art for each cd. Today I found in Settings the option for Album Art, selected it but it still doesnt display the Album cover. Does anyone know if it will only work if that option was selected whilst transferring the cd over and not afterwards? Thanks for any help, Baz

2. jimmy100

jimmy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How do you have the album art stored? It's it's in the ID3 tags then the phone should pick it up automatically. If you have them in a separate file, then you can just drag and drop the jpg into the folder corresponding to the album on the memory card. On my w950i (I assume it's the same as yours), I rescanned for music after doing this and the phone picked up the album art.

3. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Thanks for your reply, but.........I dont understand what you mean. I thought that the album art automatically downloaded to the phone while Im transferring/loading the cd to the phone - I always have the internet connected while doing this (so it can get the track listing?). Id really appreciate if you could really simply :D run through it for me. Cheers :smashin:

4. moby125

moby125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Gracenote generates a jpeg file in My Music after you have transferred an album to your transfer list (disc2phone).

Copy this picture, transfer music to phone, then open my computer, open SE Mass Storage Device, open the music folder and paste in the appropriate album file with the listed music.

Then disconnect usb cable and update your walkman.:thumbsup:

Should now show the picture.

Done this evening through trial and error!!!:clap:

5. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Thanks, tried all what you suggested except updating the Walkman?I dont know what you mean by that:confused: Still no picture. Ive put the picture in the file in My Music. Im sure I missing something really obvious .

6. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Ive also just took the memory card out of the phone, put it in my PC card reader, opened MP3 folder, opened the album folder, and cut and pasted the picture (100 x 100) -it shows along with the track listing, put card back in the phone -still no picture:confused:
    Dont know if it makes any difference but I transferred the album straight from CD, But have also got the same album in My Music (which has the pic in it already. Ive tried transferring from both locations with the same result, thanks

7. moby125

moby125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I'm working with a W950i, firstly.

You have too paste the picture into Sony Ericcson Mass Storage Device.

You will find this by,

1, Click on Start
    2, Click My Computer
    3, Then you should see Sony Ericcson Mass Storage Device, double click this too open.
    4, You shoud see 6 files, double click the music one.
    5, Double click the album you want and paste the picture into it.
    6, Disconnect you USB cable.

So now on you phone open your Walkman, if the menu is the same as my w950i, goto My Music, press More, and possibly you will see a line saying 'Update music', click on this or select.

Hopefully you will see the album art.:smashin:

8. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Thanks Moby , ok ,just had a go again . First when i open my computer there is no SE Mass Storage Device just D:J Phone Card ,must be the same thing. Clicked on that ,then My Music which consists of = Ringtones amd Video DJ. To access the downloaded cd i have to click on the MP3 folder. The tracks are there along with the artwork:confused: . Album art is selected on the phone .I havent got a clue why it isnt working. Also , dont have Update Music in the options. Could it be the size of the pics-100 x 100? Cheers

9. moby125

moby125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Firstly how are you connecting your phone to the pc?

I'm using a usb cable and disc2phone software.

Secondly, on your phone how are you displaying your album info?

Goto Walkman, select My Music, choose albums and select open, you shoud see 3 small boxes at the bottom of the screen, to change how you view album info (text only, picture & text, picture only). Remember this might be different on your 850i.

As for SE Mass Storage Device, when you are using dic2phone and a usb cable, you should see this as listed as E:Drive (SE Mass Storage Device) in My Computer. Again this may differ with your 850i.

If this does not work try going to the sony/erricson website, click on support & download. Choose your phone then type in the question box, either walkman or album art. This may give you some answers. If not email support desk. :rolleyes:

10. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Well ive cracked it ! Moby , thanks for all your help but my 850 is set up differently to your 950, I dont have some of the options you have. I ended up typeing it into google and came up with this (hope its ok to post this link):
    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=132401&start=15.
    Using this I didnt need to use the USB or the disc2phone software,put the card into the card reader and did it that way:thumbsup: Thanks again for everyones help

11. moby125

moby125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Wahey!!!

Instruction booklet is useless, so is the sony support site!!

Enjoy your album art as intended!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

12. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    ARRGGGHH! So am I:mad: Checked again afterwards - out of 4 albums only one had the picture:mad: I need to find a way to put the pic on without deleting and reinstalling the cd again(and again...) . I dont suppose it matters that much if the album art shows or not but its bugging me that its not doing what its meant to, if it can then i want it to. Ill try again when my brain stops fizzing over this. Thanks

13. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,496
    Forget Sony's crap software, it's rubbish and makes life harder not easier.

Rip the CD's yourself using something like EAC (or DBpoweramp, which easier to use). Use the latest LAME encoder.

Here is a good guide - http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_Lame

Then your best bet is to use a free program called Mp3tag to embed the images into the MP3's. It's free and can be found HERE.

To get hold of album art, try THIS.

Trust me, you will learn more and enjoy the world of MP3 much more for a little more effort.