How to protect a fixed screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Ward

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm intending to fit a fixed screen in front of a window that will be 100% blacked out. I've seen mentioned in other posts about screen yellowing. What can I do to protect a fixed screen and keep it in top condition?

Material will be whatever is suitable to get an 7-8ft image from a Barco 801 v.soon and hopefully a BG1208 later.

Cheers,

Mark.

Don't shine bright lights on it and don't smoke in the room.

No don't smoke anyhow.

I've never come across this as problem in Home Cinema

Mark,
There is another option!!!

For the less healthy amongst us (thanks for that Roland!) Dalite do a washable high gain screen which seems OK. It really depends if you are worried about damage due to light, in which case a curtain may be the answer (and opens a whole new can of worms) or if your worry is general grime.

Cheers
Alex

Hi, I would like to recommend a Draper Cineperm with M1300 material, this is a real value for money screen with very good gain 1.3 but more like about 1.5.
Easy to fit and looks good too, the material stretches out really flat.

I cant recommend this enough, I have had 3 screens over the last few months which I have returned due to faults, these weren't made by Draper.

I use this with a graphics 808s pj & Deuce SDQ scaler and it looks the business. I cant recommend crt pojectors.co.uk enough Henry will never let you down, great guy !:)

Dave ;)

Thanks for the replies, my worries are about grime and sunlight really.

The room is very large and will be re-plastered prior to installing the HT equipment. When I had other rooms re-plastered there was dust for months afterwards.

In addition there is a huge window in the room that the sun streams into late every afternoon. Whilst I'll obviously keep the room darkened for movies I also need to protect the screen from direct sunlight when the curtains/blinds are open.

Curtaining the screen will probably be a good solution, or I may go with a suggestion Nathan made for a motorised screen that comes up rather than drops down (I have no room for a drop down screen as it is in front of the window.

Fixed screen appeals to me more though.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom