How to Print from ipad

laserbeam

My wife has a Apple ipad model number MD785ZP/A and for some reason she seems to be unable to print to her Printer as it keeps saying no printer found.She uses it with a USB lead connected to the laptop.Her printer is a HP Deskjet 2540 Series.Her O/S is Windows 10.Would be a problem if the Printer and Laptop are connected with the USB cable and not wirelessly ie does it have to be a wireless connection.Thank's

next010

Distinguished Member
My wife has a Apple ipad model number MD785ZP/A and for some reason she seems to be unable to print to her Printer as it keeps saying no printer found.She uses it with a USB lead connected to the laptop.Her printer is a HP Deskjet 2540 Series.Her O/S is Windows 10.Would be a problem if the Printer and Laptop are connected with the USB cable and not wirelessly ie does it have to be a wireless connection.Thank's
iOS devices only work with Airprint enabled printers. According to HP the Deskjet 2540 is compatible so why is isn't working I'm not so sure, but yeah it may need to be on the wireless network instead of USB.

If that doesn't work there is another option, you can purchase software here, that will make iOS devices see the windows printer as compatible even if its connected via USB.

razy60

Have you got the WiFi enabled in the printer?
Having it connected to a windows device should make no difference.

Fred Smith

As you have been informed under your other user name on another forum:

Paul_Blackburn

An iPad won't be running Windows 10.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom