How to play normal tv sound through old LG dvd surround sound system

rpr

Your not understanding. Your getting sound when you play a DVD as it's routed internally within the LG. When you choose the input your getting no sound! Therefore it's quite a large chance the input itself is faulty. Might be better to cut your losses and get something with hdmi arc

rhysdavis90

Novice Member
Your not understanding. Your getting sound when you play a DVD as it's routed internally within the LG. When you choose the input your getting no sound! Therefore it's quite a large chance the input itself is faulty. Might be better to cut your losses and get something with hdmi arc
I do understand lol and like I said the tv is less than 3 months old I’m doubting it’s that it’s the first time anything’s been plugged into the optical port it’s a brand new lead too

rpr

Nope your not as I'm refering to the input on your LG not the output on your TV

rhysdavis90

Novice Member
I knew the input was working on the LG because before I bought the converter the red white leads to both tv and tv worked but only for dvds

rpr

As I had already explained the DVD audio would be internally sent to the speakers not via the TV.

rhysdavis90

Novice Member
Ok I get you it’s working now but when I’m on Netflix it doesn’t use all 5 speakers but just 3 the 2 at the front on either side why is that

rpr

I would suggest you read the manual thoroughly. If you don't have a hard copy then it can be found here

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom